Thursday, November 20, 2008

"The Last Song" -All American Rejects

This may be the last thing that I write for longCan you hear me smiling when I sing this song?For you and only youAs I leave will you be someone to say good-bye?As I leave will you be someone to wipe your eye?My foot is out the door and you can't stop me nowYou wanted the bestIt wasn't meWill you give it back?Now I'll take the leadWhen there's no more room to make it growI'll see you againYou'll pretend you're naiveIs this what you want?Is this what you need?How you end up? Let me knowAs I go remember all the simple things you knowMy mind is just a crutch and I still hopeThat you will miss me when I'm goneThis is the last songThe hearts start breaking as the year is goneThe dream's beginning and the time rolls onIt seems so surreal And now I sing itSomehow I knew that it would be this waySomehow I knew that it would slowly fadeNow I am goneJust try and stop me nowYou wanted the bestIt wasn't meWill you give it back?Now I'll take the leadWhen there's no more room to make it growI'll see you againYou'll pretend you're naiveIs this what you want?Is this what you need?How you end up? Let me knowAs I go remember all the simple things you knowMy mind is just a crutch and I still hopeThat you will miss me when I'm goneThis is the last songWill you need me nowYou'll find a way somehowYou wanted toI want it tooAs I go remember all the simple things you knowMy mind is just a crutch and I still hopeThat you will miss me when I'm goneThis is the last songAs I go remember all the simple things you knowMy mind is just a crutch and I still hopeThat you will miss me when I'm goneThis is the last song

No comments:

Post a Comment