Wednesday, April 6, 2011

the 10 scrolls breakdown, reader's digest version. (og mandino

The Scroll Marked I

Today I begin a new life.

In truth, the only differnce between those who have fialed & those who have succeeded lies in the difference of their habits.

good habits are the key to all success. Bad habits are the unlocked door to failure.

1st law to obey.
I will form good habits & become their slave.



The Scroll Marked II
I will greet this day with love in my heart.

If I have no other qualities I can succeed with love alone.  Without it, I will fial though I possess all the knowledge & skills in the world.

I will greet this day w/ love & I will succeed.



The Scroll Marked III.
I will persist until I succeed.

The prizes of life are at the end of each journey, not near the beginning; and it is not given to me to know how many steps are necessary in order to reach my goal.

Never will I know how close it lies unless I turn the corner.

Where dry dessert ends; green grass grows. 

I will remember the ancient law of averages & I will bend it to my good.

I must fail often to succeed only once.

When others cease their struggle, then mine will begin, & my harvest will be full.

I will persist until I succeed.



The Scroll marked IV.
Within me burns a flame which has been passed from generations uncounted & its heat is a constant invitation to my spirit to become better than I am, & I WILL.

Different from all others, & proud of the difference.

Unlimited potential.

Nevermore will I be satisfied with yesterday's accomplishments nor will I indulge, anymore, in self-praise for deeds which in reality are too small to even acknowledge.

I can accomplish far more than I have, & I WILL.



The Scroll Marked V.
I will live this day as if it is my last.

Can sand float upward in an hourglass?



The Scroll Marked VI
Today I will be master of my emotions.

I make my own weather, & I transport it with me.

Weak is he who permits his thought to control his action; strong is he who forces his action to control his thoughts.



The Scroll Marked VII
I will laugh at the world.  I will laugh at myself.

"This too shall pass"



The Scroll Marked VIII
I will multiply my value a hundredfold.

First I will set goals for the day, week, month, year, & my life.

I must have objetives before my life will crystalize.



The Scroll marked IX
I will act now.

Tomorrow never comes.

I will say them.  Then I will do it.

Only action determines my value in the marketplace & to multiply my value I will multiply my actions.

I will walk where the failures fear to walk.

I will say it is done, before the failure says its too late.

Success will not wait.  If I delay she will become bethrothed to another & lost to me forever. 

This is the time.

This is the place.

I am the man. I will act now.



The Scroll Marked X

Guide me God.

No comments:

Post a Comment