- When life hands you a lemon, make lemonade.
- Drop the idea that you are Atlas carrying the world on your shoulders. The world would go on even without you. Don't take yourself so seriously.
- Those who are fired with an enthusiastic idea and who allow it to take hold and dominate their thoughts find that new worlds open for them. As long as enthusiasm holds out, so will new opportunities.
- It is of practical value to learn to like yourself. Since you must spend so much time with yourself you might as well get some satisfaction out of the relationship.
- Joy increases as you give it, and diminishes as you try to keep it for yourself. In giving it, you will accumulate a deposit of joy greater than you ever believed possible.
- Believe it is possible to solve your problem. Tremendous things happen to the believer. So believe the answer will come. It will.
- Never talk defeat. Use words like hope, belief, faith, victory.
- Watch your manner of speech if you wish to develop a peaceful state of mind. Start each day by affirming peaceful, contented and happy attitudes and your days will tend to be pleasant and successful.
- The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.
- A positive mental attitude is a belief that things are going to turn out well, and that you can overcome any kind of trouble or difficulty.
- The tests of life are not meant to break you, but to make you.
- Live your life and forget your age.
- If there is no fun in it, something is wrong with all you are doing.
- Empty pockets never held anyone back. Only empty heads and empty hearts can do that.
Monday, August 1, 2011
quotes from Norman Vincent Peale
Posted by Renwei Chung at 9:00 AM