Monday, November 29, 2010

44 Priceless Moments Money Can’t Buy

44 Priceless Moments Money Can’t Buy

1.Realizing you were smiling the entire time you were talking to someone, right after you hang up the phone.

2.The warm coziness of my own bed after I return home from a long business trip.

3.Playing Rock-Paper-Scissors to settle a decision with one of your friends.

4.When a wild animal is tame enough to eat food right out of your hand.

5.Crying on my sister’s shoulder. Without the help of my family and close friends, I would be lost in a world of emotion, stress, and confusion.

6.Picking and eating fresh fruit right off the tree.

7.The joy of watching a baby smile.

8.The proud look on my 4-year-old son’s face when he learns a new skill.

9.The bittersweet emotions that rush through your body on the very last day of high school.

10.Time with the love of my life. Last May, my husband of 27 years was diagnosed with cancer and given 3 to 6 months to live. We prayed, cried, loved, and laughed. Now, 11 months later, we are still savoring every smile, kiss, and breath. We know these moments will end sooner rather than later, but we are so grateful for the time we do have together.

11.The rush you get when you’re driving on the open road and your favorite song randomly plays on the radio.

12.The comforting sound of my father’s car pulling into the driveway when he finally returns from a long business trip.

13.When my baby girl looked up at me and said, “Daddy!” for the very first time.

14.Seeing two elderly folks who are madly in love. It’s a sight of love that has surpassed the tests of time.

15.Kissing in the rain.

16.The feeling of cool morning grass under your bare feet when you walk out to get the newspaper at sunrise.

17.Beginner’s eyes. You’ll never see it again for the very first time.

18.The sound and sight of ocean waves.

19.The feeling you get inside when you go out of your way to make someone’s day a little brighter. Doing something nice and unexpected for somebody else doesn’t always require money, and often the gesture has more meaning when it doesn’t.

20.A good photograph of a special moment. It transforms the moment into a tangible keepsake and helps make the memory of that moment last a lifetime.

21.A rainbow breaking through the storm clouds on a calm, rainy summer afternoon.

22.The exhilarating rush of adolescent love. Those magical moments of adolescent lust and affection that only you and one other person rightly remember.

23.The little kicks and pokes I feel daily as I enter the last month of my first pregnancy. It’s truly remarkable!

24.Sharing a good laugh with friends and family. Some of the most memorable moments in my life have been moments spent in laughter.

25.The excitement of swinging on a swing as high as you possibly can.

26.The simple fact that I can read the sincerity in her eyes when she says, “I love you.”

27.The awesomeness of skipping rocks across water. It doesn’t matter how old I get, this one never gets old.

28.The tears of joy that flow when you see your beloved for the first time after a 10 month deployment to Iraq. All the months of struggle and loneliness are washed away the second he gets off that plane.

29.The soothing comfort of an old familiar smell. Earlier today pulled into my parent’s driveway after being away for over a year. I could smell familiarity in the air – the scent of the pine tree in the neighbor’s yard. And as I headed through the front door, more familiar smells consumed my senses. Gosh, it feels good to be home.

30.The keen wisdom my grandfather has acquired slowly over the course of 86 years, and the amazing stories and life lessons he shares with me every time I visit him.

31.A first kiss. The sweet rush of butterflies in your tummy when you kiss someone special for the very first time.

32.When you look into the eyes of your best friend and know, without a doubt, that you can trust her. You can see it in her eyes and you can feel it in your heart. She has no ulterior motive.

33.The first sight of daffodils poking through the snow after a long, hard winter.

34.The realization of true love. The warm feeling you get many years after your first kiss when you realize you married the right person.

35.The surreal beauty of watching lightning strike in the distance.

36.An unexpected compliment. It seemed like just another dreary Monday morning, but when she walked into my office and said, “I love your shirt! That color looks great on you,” it brightened the rest of my day.

37.A peaceful, romantic picnic with your significant other on a warm sunny day.

38.The joy of telling an interesting true story. One of the most enticing roles we lead in life is that of a storyteller. There are few things more satisfying than telling a true story that others enjoy listening to.

39.The feeling of self-confidence is unquestionably priceless. It cannot be purchased with money, but it can buy you more opportunities and take you farther than any amount of money ever could.

40.The excitement of a white Christmas.

41.A pillow fight with two of your best friends.

42.When my cat snuggles up on my chest while I’m laying on my back. He’s so warm and fuzzy and cute.

43.Grilled steak and potatoes home-cooked for me by my husband on a lazy Friday night after I’ve had a long week. Nothing beats sitting at home in my pajamas and eating my favorite food, made by the man I love, with the man I love.

44.When the song on the radio ends right as you pull into the driveway.

If you enjoyed these simple pleasures and priceless moments, be sure to check What Money Cannot Buy every day for a quick, fresh dose of positive content

http://www.marcandangel.com/2010/07/19/44-priceless-moments-money-cant-buy/

No comments:

Post a Comment